Friday, February 23, 2007

The Latest in Harry Potter News

It's official!

The last installment in the Harry Potter series, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows, will be out on July 21, 2007. With much anticipation, the world eagerly awaits for the arrival of the seventh and final book. Fans feel both excitement and sadness for this last novel in the conclusion of the Harry Potter books. Author J.K. Rowling echoes these sentiments, as she reveals on her Web site

"I always knew that Harry's story would end with the seventh book, but saying goodbye has been just as hard as I always knew it would be. Even while I'm mourning, though, I feel an incredible sense of achievement. I can hardly believe that I've finally written the ending I've been planning for so many years. I've never felt such a mixture of extreme emotions in my life, never dreamed I could feel simultaneously heartbroken and euphoric."

But don't worry about whether this last book will live up to all the hype. Rowling admits her own attachments to it: "While each of the previous Potter books has strong claims on my affections, 'Deathly Hallows' is my favourite, and that is the most wonderful way to finish the series."

No comments: